Monday, April 15, 2013

Photos of UBNA

I'll try to incorporate my photos with my blog posts better in the future. I have been taking photos though and would like to share some.

Cattails, typha latifolia, on a sunny day. Lake washington behind. In the foreground is some kind of grass that's dominate in the area, though I haven't been able to pin down an ID on it yet.

One of the few plants I didn't have to look up, the Himalayan Blackberry, rubus armeniacus. I've pulled many of these out of parks with Earthcorp.  

This looked like a Cow Parsnip, heracleum sphondylium,  to me. Not positive though, I just went off the shape of the flower. It looked kind of dead. The National Audubon Society says it blooms May-July.

Waterfowl flocking. I definitely noticed some Mallards,  anas platyrhynchos.

This conifer was growing on the east edge of UBNA and seemed kind of out of place. I thought it might be a douglas fir because the bristles were on all sides of the stems, but it could be a Nolbe Fir or something else...




No comments:

Post a Comment